If you are serious about selling your home then it is a MUST! In all real estate economies you should put your home on the MLS. Approximately 70% of the buyers are working with agents, in which the agent can access the MLS to view your home. The remaining 30% of buyers looking for a home without an agent use the internet. The beauty of the MLS is you can reach both the buyers with agents and without. Most MLS’s syndicate to various websites so you can reach the buyers without agents as well. Sellers that try and sell their own home usually end up costing themselves much more then what they think they are saving on commissions. Over 90% of buyers end up finding their home they end up buying on the internet. So if you are selling your own home you will have a very difficult time reaching your target audience. What will happen if you do not put your home on the market is it will not sell or you will not get a fair or reasonable offer. Especially in today’s market, buyers are sharks! If a buyer sees a home for sale that has been on the market for a while you can expect a ridiculous low offers. So if you’re a selling your home yourself a buyer is going to do the same thing. To sum it up if you want to sell your home putting it on the MLS is a must!
by Dan Gamache