Who remembers the fun of a Drive In Movie? Hanging the big, clunky speaker outside the car, sloshing through the parking lot of sticky spilled Slurpees and stale popcorn to go to the concession stand, and maybe sneaking a buddy or two in the trunk to save a couple of bucks?
The Gamache Family had our fair share of fun movie nights, and now we are excited to share this experience with our kids!
Alameda County Fair Grounds Transforms into a Drive in All Summer!
In lieu of the ever popular annual fair, the Alameda County Fair Grounds in Pleasanton is transforming into a Drive In Movie Theater every weekend beginning June 12 through August 1, but closed July 4th weekend.
Tickets are sold in advance and include a FREE Drive In Movie and 2021 General Admission Fair Ticket. Reservations sell out quickly and it’s recommended to visit the website now to choose your movie and find out when tickets go on sale.
It’s Not Quite the Same Experience of our Youth, But We’ll Take It!
Further details of the Drive In Movie event at the Alameda County Fairgrounds are listed here:
- $25 per Vehicle (Online Advance Purchase)
$30 per Vehicle (On-Site, if tickets are available)
- Bring a copy of your receipt on mobile device or printed
- Gates to park on lot open at 7:30pm
- Movies begin at dark, but not before at 8:45pm
- Vehicles will be parked by the Alameda County Fairgrounds staff as they come in and are subject to search
- A carload equals as many people in your car that is legally allowed by law
- No recreational vehicles (Fifth Wheels, Trailers, Motorcycles, Bikes, or Convertibles)
- No tailgating, lawn chairs, camping chairs or private chair seating allowed on pavement/parking lot
- You must stay in your car at all times. Mask must be worn if a window is down
- There will be no concessions
- Bring all trash home
Enjoy Summer and Stay Safe!
The Gamache Team wishes you a safe and happy summer! Congratulations to the Class of 2020! This will surely be a memorable end of the year for all!